Our Leader: The Lord Jesus Christ
Our Presiding Bishop: The Most Rev'd Michael Bruce Curry
Our Diocesan Bishop: The Right Rev'd William Stokes
Officiant: Father Bernard Maguire
Ryan, Liam, Ted, Nancy, Carol, Eleanor, Greg, Linda, Will, Phillip, Adrienne, Floss, Tony, Bob, Bill, Richard, Daisy, John, Lillie, Tom, Joe, Michelle, Lori, Margaret, Geri, Marie, Sara and Leslie,
For those serving in the military:
Adam, Steve, Dan, and Christian
For those who have died:
Bill, Gregory, George, Jesse, Jesse, John, Ashley, and Thomas.
For situations of special need or concern: for the innocent in Syria, Sudan, South Sudan and the Ukraine,especially the victims of ISIS and the Taliban.
Second Sunday of Easter
April 28, 2019
Father B. MAGUIRE
April 28 Father Maguire
May 12 Father Martin
May 5 Father Maguire
May 19 Father Maguire
May 29 Father Maguire
The Episcopal Church of the Holy Spirit has joined with The Episcopal Church of the Ascension to form the Trinity Episcopal Shared Ministry.
The following is the Mass Schedule for the two Churches
Holy Spirit Bellmawr.....................9:00 AM
Ascension Gloucester...............10:30 A
The Church of the Holy Spirit
is a member of the
Trinity Episcopal Shared Ministry
and is located at
20 East Browning Road
Mission statements –
Our Presiding Bishop, The Most Rev’d Michael B. Curry
Our Diocesan Bishop, The Right Rev’d Willaim H. Stokes
Our Vicar (currently supply priests)
Our Current Supple Priests Rev. Bernard Maguire and Rev. Dr. Edward Martin
Our Ministers, All Baptized Members
If you have an emergency, please contact:
Father Bernard Maguire, TESM Supply Priest, 610-260-0820 or at email@example.com
Rev. Bernard Maguire Rev., Dr. Edward Martin
Dennis B. Gerst, Sr. Warden William Parker, Jr. Warden
Alicia Cooley, Recording Secretary Ida DeSantis
Marjorie Lesher Barbara Mutchler
Jeannie Parker Lois Shelton
READ THE BIBLE ON-LINE!
The Bible Gateway - search for any verse in dozens of translations
The Lectionary readings - look up the appointed Scriptures for each day
OUR MEMBER CONGREGATIONS
Church of the Holy Spirit in Bellmawr, NJ: www.holyspiritbellmawr.org
THE EPISCOPAL CHURCH
The Episcopal Church primary homepage:
The Diocese of New Jersey:
The Evangelical Lutherans with whom we share full communion:
A fun site of short video interviews of real-life Episcopalians:
ON-LINE PRAYER RESOURCES
The Daily Office from the Book of Common Prayer:
The I-Church, sponsored by the Diocese of Oxford in England:
Daily Prayers and on-line hymnals:
Forward Movement's on-line spot for lighting a candle and posting prayer requests:
The Episcopal News Service
SOCIAL JUSTICE AND OUTREACH LINKS
The Seaman's Church Institute of Philadelphia - outreach to sailors
Urban Promise - a wonderful education-based ministry to the children of Camden, NJ:
Sojourners - a community in Washington, DC who think and live the Gospel:
The Church of the Holy Spirit had its first evening Prayer Service on September 19, 1920 in the home of E.D..Schreiner, and on the 26th of September our Church School was organized at the home of Mrs. John Price.
In January of 1921 we started our regular services and on January 9, 1921 we received notice from the Bishop that organization of Mission had been approved.
In December 1921 finial payment was made on the church grounds and July 27, 1925 ground was broken, contracts were signed for erection of a combined Chapel and Parish House. The corner stone was laid September 12, 1925 and the Mission was dedicated November 1,1925 at Morning Service by Archdeacon Shepherd.
In 1954 the church was enlarged with a new Sanctuary and Chancel, new pews and carpets. The Church was rededicated in November 1954. Now, we had 170 members and 86 children in our Church School.
For a brief period from 1974 to 1979 the congregation enjoyed the status of an independent Mission. In 1979 we became an Incorporated Mission which we still are today.
We are also proud to still have an original member who still attends church with her family occasionally. Mrs. Eleanor Mutchler was born in May 1920 and was four months old when the church was started and her family has been with us since that time.
A special Thank You to
Dennis Gerst and Joseph L. Ryan
for their generosity of making our Web site available
We love our visitors and guests,, so feel free to visit during normal service hours Sunday at 9:00 a.m.. we are across from The Bellmawr Boro Hall, parking is in the rear of the church off of the Black Horse Pike (168).
The Church of the Holy Spirit, 20 East BrownigRoad, Bellmawr, NJ 08031